Friday, April 5, 2013

Five for Friday!

I am so excited to be linking up for the first time with Kacey over at Doodle Bugs Teaching for her weekly Five for Friday!

fiveforfriday
 
 
1. Blogging!
 
 
I feel like I am finally getting the hang of this blogging thing! It has taken awhile but the more I do it, the more I enjoy it! Joining up with the different linky parties has really helped and I have also discovered some amazing new blogs to follow!
 
2. Giveaway!
 
 
I am so excited to be a part of Molly's giveaway celebrating her 100 followers! Click on the picture to enter and have a chance to win a copy of my Math Races Addition!
 
 
3. Let's Party!
 
We are in full on party mode in our house now! I don't know why I feel like I have to go over the top with my boys birthday parties. I guess part of the reason is because my mom did it for us growing up. I am making things easier on myself this year and doing to joint party. The boys' birthdays are only a month apart so we are splitting the difference and doing a swimming party at the local YMCA indoor pool. All my parties have to have a theme and it was difficult to come up with something that would fit soon to be 6 and 3 year old boys. So we are going with a Pool Party!
 
 
I have always bought the printable party packs from sellers on etsy but I have decided this year to do it myself. Wish me luck!
 
4. Name-bows!
It was the first week of April and I still had snow globes hanging around my room. It was time to get something spring up! We made these Rainbow Name-bows by Reagan Tunstall.
 
 
 
 
 
The only thing I did was use some cloud clip art that I already had and put their names on it before I printed them out. My room looks so bright and colorful now! Now I need to replace our 100 year old portraits that we did in January that are still hanging in the hallway!
 
 5. Easter
 
 
 My precious boys on Easter!
 
 
Have a great weekend!!!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. It seems like we have a lot in common! I also tend to go overboard with my girls' birthday parties. They are a month apart as well and will be 5 and 2 this summer. I did separate parties last year because everyone deserves a special first birthday party. But this year we are having a big old backyard birthday bash for both of them. I'm sure you'll do a great job with your boys' party!
    ~Danielle
    My First Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristi
    Just stopped over here through a TPT forum. I did the name-bows too!!! I love them. They really make the room so cheery. I just changed them out this week and was sad to see them go. I hope every kids puts it in his/her room. Super cute blog! Love it!
    Deirdre
    A Burst of First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristi!!! I'm so glad you had a chance to see this "newbies" blog. I agree we have to stick together. Your blog design is super cute! Your boys are ADORABLE. They look so happy. I've become your newest follower!! =)

    Hugs
    Tiffany

    One Fab Teacher

    ReplyDelete