Monday, May 13, 2013

Get Acquainted Linky!

I have really missed Latoya's Get Acquainted Linkys these past couple of weeks. I am so glad she is back this week with another one!


 
 
This week's topic is three questions:
1. What made you decide to become a teacher?
2. What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher?
3. If you were not a teacher, what would you be?
 
1. What made you decide to become a teacher?
I had always wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. I was the child who would set up all her dolls and play school for hours and hours. Even convincing my younger brother and sister to join in. In middle school, I fell in love with Home Economics and decided then that I would become a Home Economics teacher. I took all the classes offered in high school and enrolled at The University of Alabama intending to major in Home Economics education. The summer after my sophomore year, I had to take an Introduction to Interior Design class and loved it. I ended up changing my major that summer. 3 years later I graduated with my degree in Interior Design but had absolutely no desire to pursue a career in that field. I knew that education was really what I wanted to do but I didn't have the heart to tell my parents that I wanted to change majors again. So I graduated in May and by August was enrolled at Jacksonville State University to get my Master's Degree in Education. Not once have I regretted that decision!
 
2. What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher?
I have been teaching for 8 years so there have been many rewarding experiences. I think the ones that stick out for me the most are when you see those little light bulbs go off and a child who was struggling finally gets it. I have also received some very sweet and heart-felt letters from parents that I will always treasure.
 
3. If you were not a teacher, what would you be?
Well obviously trying something other than teaching didn't quite work out for me. :) The only thing that I could possibly do other than teaching would be to be a stay at home mom with my two boys. Unfortunately, the pay for that job wouldn't quite be able to pay the bills.
 
I hope everybody had a fabulous Teacher Appreciation Day last week! You deserve it!
 
P.S. Only 1 more Monday after today! I think I can make it!
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Found your blog through the linky party! Love the colors! I agree, those light bulb moments are just fabulous! Makes those hard days so worthwhile! I'm a new follower!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog through Fifth in the Middle. I'm an Alabama blogger, too! I always played teacher as a child. It's no wonder I became a teacher. First graders are the absolute best! I'm happy to be your new follower!

    Dawn
    Adventures in First with Mrs. Key

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I just found your blog through 5th in the Middle- love your TPT products! Laura
    Read-Write-Create

    ReplyDelete