Friday, July 5, 2013

Favorite Pins Friday

I am linking up with the adorable Cara Carroll over at The First Grade Parade for her
Favorite Pins Friday.
 
 
 
Considering that the extent of my professional development this summer has been pinning tons of ideas for next year, I should have plenty of favorite pins to share with y'all!
 
Favorite Teaching Related Pins
 
My FAVORITE new way to use QR codes.  When students earn a reward, they can draw from a basket that has QR code cards.  They scan the card to see what they won!  Woohoo!  I will be using this with my first graders this year!
 
Last year, my district went to a 1:1 digital curriculum and all of my little firsties have their own iPad to use in the classroom. I love this idea of scanning QR code behavior coupons! No more having to keep the treasure box stocked and the coupons can be used over and over!
A Cupcake for the Teacher: A Bright Year {a Craftivity}
 
I love everything from A Cupcake for the Teacher and this craftivity is going to look adorable hanging outside in the hallway!

 
 These helpers from Michelle over at Fabulous in First are going to be just great for my firsties to keep in their desks!

Food Related Pins

A pinner said  "apparently this is so addicting (baked sweet and sour chicken).  everyone loves it!  7 pts (probably less because you don't use all the corn starch and egg)  ***I HAVE MADE THIS THE LAST 2 NIGHTS FOR DINNNER!!  PROBABLY THE BEST THING I HAVE MADE OFF OF PINTEREST!**

OMG! I made this sweet and sour chicken for dinner last weekend and it was AMAZING! It was a little time-intensive but was definitely worth it in the end. The recipe for the fried rice was also delicious!

 Almond joy brownie bites
Almond Joy Brownies- YUM!!!
(can't find original source)

Make Me Laugh Pins

The Best of Duck Dynasty
Love me some Duck Dynasty!


 Always

Always!!!


so me!

Yup!

.

Random Pins

teach a child to tie their shoes using a jump rope so they can see a larger view of what is happening.

Need to work on this with my soon-to-be firstie!

Merge a photo of your child with their own artwork (and other cool photoshop tricks).

I think this looks AMAZING but I have no idea how to do it! This link has some great ideas using Photoshop.

Dog collars w/ name. No more jingle from the dog tag!!

Love this idea for the dog! All that jingling can drive me crazy sometimes!


Hope you enjoyed my favorite pins! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I loved all your Duck Dynasty Pictures!!! My boys got me addicted to that show! :) You are so lucky that all your kiddos get an iPad. We have to get approval to get one. It's really strict in our district.
    Sara
    First Grade Funtastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinterest=My HAPPY place!!!
    Btw, I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check out my blog to see the details.
    {Hugs}
    Clara
    www.wepleadthe5th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete